Salary Range: $20-30/hr
The experienced Residential HVAC Sheet Metal Fabricator cuts materials to specification, operates fabrication machinery, and delivers quality parts per request.
- Read and interpret shop drawings to be followed in the construction or assembly of sheet metal products
- Operate plasma table and perform basic fabrication: cut, grind, drill, shear, and fit-up
- Work closely with the foreman to determine shop output needs and scheduling of daily work
- Select the appropriate type and gauge of sheet metal to be used in projects according to SMACNA
- Perform fitting assembly
- Keep machinery and equipment maintained and fully operational
- Ensure the working environment is clean and safe
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as Sheet Metal Fabricator layout/bending ductwork for residential applications
- Proficient use of brakes, manual shears, automated plasma table (will provide training), pin welder, roll formers, drill press, band saw and other forming equipment specific to HVAC ductwork fabrication
- Effective communication skills
- Computer skills for entering data/loading fittings into plasma table and shop drawing interpretation
- Basic math skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Frequently sits, stands, and walks
- Frequently bends/stoops, reaches above/below shoulder level, kneels, and squats
- Frequently climbs ladders and lift/carrying up to seventy-five (75) pounds is required
Randazzo offers outstanding Pay and Benefits, including:
- Competitive pay.
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth.
- An Awesome Culture.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance.
- Prescription Coverage.
- Health Savings Account.
- Vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- 401k retirement plan with match.
- Paid Vacation.
- Paid Holidays.
- Advanced training opportunities.