Salary Range: $18-30/hr
Job Purpose: Provide preventative care, maintenance, and simple repairs to residential and light commercial HVAC systems.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment.
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on HVAC equipment.
- Performs basic service and repairs on all HVAC, refrigeration and control systems.
- Responsible for company work vehicle, parts inventory and equipment assigned to company work vehicle. Technician has complete responsibility for vehicle.
- Replaces electrical components such as capacitors, contactors, relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical components to which these are related.
- Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service level agreements for scheduled completion dates.
- Promotes and sells new HVAC product by observing customer’s equipment and through inquiries of customer.
- Learns the company service price book to efficiently provide quotes to customer while minimizing lost sales opportunities.
- Prepares customer invoicing and maintains customer information in database.
- Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and housed on company vehicle.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Understands the company policy is to provide 100% customer satisfaction by exceeding customer expectations.
- Performs all work to industry standards and maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
- Performs any other job duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Associates degree or climate control certificate in HVAC is required.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Service Titan experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic math skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with strong customer relations skills.
- Team player (works well with others).
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
- Ability to work on-call, on weekends, and on holidays as required.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, may require hand dexterity, frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is frequently required to stand. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Squats, bends, and twists periodically throughout the day.
- The associate may work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.
- The associate may climb/descend steps and ladders.
- The associate may work on roofs, tight confines, in attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Why Choose Randazzo?
We’re the Name You Know
- Licensed & insured
- Service all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes & service calls
- Background-checked technicians
- Financing options
- Lennox Premier Dealer
- Committed to excellence