Salary Range: $18-30/hr
Job Purpose: Performs, maintenance, modification, overhaul, service and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Performs service and repairs on all HVAC, refrigeration, and control systems.
- Responsible for a company work vehicle, parts inventory, and equipment assigned to the company work vehicle. The technician has complete responsibility for the vehicle.
- Replaces electrical components such as compressors, contactors, and motor starters; relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical components to which these are related.
- Occasionally, changes out gas and oil furnaces and split air conditioning systems, and installs ductless air conditioning and heat pumps, sheet metal installation and transitions, refrigeration, condensate, and PVC venting.
- Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service level agreements for scheduled completion dates.
- Promotes and sells new HVAC products by observing customers’ equipment and through inquiries of customers.
- Learns the company service price book to efficiently provide quotes to customers while minimizing lost sales opportunities.
- Prepares customer invoicing and maintains customer information in the database.
- Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in the facility and housed on company vehicle.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Understands the company policy is to provide 100% customer satisfaction by exceeding customer expectations.
- Performs all work to industry standards and maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies, and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
- Performs any other job duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Associate degree or climate control certificate in HVAC required.
- 1-3 years minimum HVAC service technician preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Service Titan experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic math skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with strong customer relations skills.
- Team player (works well with others).
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
- Ability to work on-call, on weekends and holidays as required.
Why Choose Randazzo?
We’re the Name You Know
- Licensed & insured
- Service all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes & service calls
- Background-checked technicians
- Financing options
- Lennox Premier Dealer
- Committed to excellence