Senior Installation Technician
Salary Range: $25/hr
Job Purpose: Performs installation, modification, overhaul, of air conditioning systems, furnaces, and related accessories by performing the following duties. Leads a 2-person installation team on a regular basis.
- Performs installation on all HVAC and control systems.
- Responsible for a company work vehicle, parts inventory, and equipment assigned to the company work vehicle. The installer has complete responsibility for the vehicle.
- Trains and mentors installation technicians that accompany senior installers on jobs.
- Senior Technician has a goal of developing junior technicians into senior installation technicians.
- Replaces electrical components such as compressors, contactors, motor starters; relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical components to which these are related.
- Changes out gas and oil furnaces and split air conditioning systems, and installs ductless air conditioning and heat pumps, sheet metal installation, and transitions, refrigeration, condensate, and PVC venting.
- Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service level agreements for
- scheduled completion dates.
- Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in the facility and housed in the company vehicle.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Performs all work to industry standards and maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies, and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with associates.
- Presents ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Practices safe work habits.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Associates degree or climate control certificate in HVAC preferred and/or 2+ years of experience required, preferably as a lead technician.
- EPA Certification required.
- Service Titan experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic math skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with strong customer relation skills.
- Team player (works well with others).
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
- Ability to work on-call, on weekends, and on holidays as required.
- Ability to train, mentor, and respectfully coach team members as required.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, may require hand dexterity, frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is frequently required to stand. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Squats, bends, and twists periodically throughout the day.
- The associate may work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.
- The associate may climb/descend steps and ladders.
- The associate may work on roofs, tight confines, in attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Choose Randazzo?
We’re the Name You Know
- Licensed & insured
- Service all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes & service calls
- Background-checked technicians
- Financing options
- Lennox Premier Dealer
- Committed to excellence