Whole Home Dehumidifier
A phrase that rings true in almost every home. When it’s muggy outside, it’s muggy inside. And excess humidity can make you miserable. You can literally see, feel and smell it:
- Indoor condensation appears on windows, mirrors and cold drinks
- Your house becomes a breeding ground for insects
- Wood floors, trim and wood furniture warp or rot
- You experience uncomfortable sweating at normal indoor temperatures
- Skin feels sticky in summer/clammy in winter
- Rooms smell musty
High Humidity Can Cause Health Problems
Without a dehumidifier, excess moisture can cause:
- Mold and mildew to grow
- Dust mites to thrive
- Humidity is the basis of proper indoor air quality – Purify your air with a Lennox PureAir
“As many as 10 percent of the general population and 90 percent of people with allergic asthma are sensitive to dust mites. Recent studies in the United States suggest that at least 45 percent of young people with asthma are allergic to dust mites.”
-American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
A Whole-Home Dehumidifier Can Help
Daily activities, such as cooking, cleaning and showering can add as much as 25 pounds of moisture to your home and up to 135 pints a day!
Your air conditioner is designed to control temperature, not humidity. You need humidity control to maintain comfortable, healthy conditions in your home.
A whole-home dehumidifier is installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system. It works in conjunction with your air conditioner, or independently as needed, to remove the ideal amount of moisture to solve the above problems. But not so much that your home becomes too dry.
This is done throughout your entire home, using a single, out-of-the-way source—unlike a portable dehumidifier.
Other advantages of a whole-home dehumidifier include:
- Automatic humidity sensing: allows for better monitoring and control of humidity
- Convenient, quiet operation: away from your living space
- Low maintenance dehumidifier: simple annual filter cleaning
- Fresh air ventilation: automatically removes or dilutes polluted air
- Whole House Dehumidification -Yes, dehumidify your bedrooms, bathrooms, and anywhere else the furnace duct system reaches – Not just the basement
Aprilaire Dehumidifier Repair Costs
Aprilaire’s dehumidifiers carry a five (5) year part warranty and a one (1) year labor warranty from Randazzo.
Contact Us Today
Interested in one for your home? Schedule a call today to discuss this one of our Comfort Advisors (in-home or over the phone). Our representatives are ready to assist you in finding the right deals and offers for you and your home!